Monday, January 19, 2009

Screwtape Letters

I was never a huge fan of Screwtape letters. Not because I thought it wasn't worth reading, but because I tend to avoid any persuasive device that uses hell as it's reinforcement.

Being a bit older, I've decided it's a healthy read. It reminds us to be mindful of everything that we do.

It's really easy to see C.S. Lewis' world view through out his writings. This idea that every choice we make is either turning us into a hellish or heavenly creature comes up quite often.

I don't have a lot to comment on this piece. It seems pretty straightforward with it's message of being mindful and thinking about our actions on a much smaller scale. An interesting read of course, as it's from a devilish perspective.

A fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment